Friday, September 30, 2011

Made Right Here


Max Wastler is a new-to-Chicago writer, connector, project doer, and all around cool and creative guy. He is a big advocate for
US-made craft goods and writes about that and other fashion and lifestyle related topics on his blog, All Plaidout. Max and I recently had an enjoyable discussion about our shared values surrounding the artisan. It was the kind of conversation where I got so excited that I couldn't really complete a sentence before blurting out the next thought. I love that kind of energy. I love it when somebody understands the value of the creative process. When somebody takes pride in every step that goes into making a single item of clothing. Max and Joseph Gannon have a new project that looks at precisely that. The process and the people who are hand-making things in America. Take a look the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment